Saturday, June 11, 2011

Before we know it.............


The 4th of July will be here before we know it, so I have dug out my collection of old antique military poster images. There are several craft projects you can do with these collage sheets. You can print them on card stock paper and put them in little frames, I have also deco- paged them to wooden blocks and added glitter and used them for candle holders, or shelf sitters. There's a lot you can do with them. You could even print them on iron on transfer paper so you kids can iron them on some 4th of July t-shirts. Iron them on white cotton fabric and sew little pillows even. There are endless possibilities! Here are pictures of a couple things I've made with them.

 In the photo above, I simply printed the images, then I cut 4 by 4 pieces of wood into these blocks. Then you paint them as you would like. Sand, after your paint dries until you get the aged look. Then you decoupage your picture on the block. Drill holes in the top, to fit the size of your candles! Then add lots of glitter. These add a very nice primitive touch to any home decor!
 I created these little chalk boards with antique photos of little children. I will offer printables for some antique kids photos as well! To make these you cut out pieces of wood the size you want the chalk board to be, then you paint the front with chalkboard paint, found at any craft store or Wal-Mart! Then decoupage your image on the top half of your little chalk board. Then drill holes in the top for your little hanging wire or rope! These are cute and easy to make!
I  bought these little wooden framed chalkboards at the dollar store, then I added my military posters over the top, glued buttons in the corners, and added homespun for hanging them! There's so much you can do with unique printables, or decoupage sheets! :)

Below are some of these printable sheets you can use for these craft projects. I will also place the images in the "Free Printables" section, of my blog!

Just click on the image, when it appears larger on your screen you may right click on the 
image to "save as" or to "print" Have fun crafting, and don't forget the glitter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment